to my love

I know that you know that I love you,

but to be quite honest I don’t understand why.

you get me so worked up, I wish could leave.

I never do.

you and I are one,

we are the same.

I can’t imagine being without you.

sometimes I get angry

but, I always calm down

because the thought of losing you is unbearable.

you made me who I am

I love you

and even when I say I don’t

I truly do.

I know that you know that I miss you

you rarely call, it scares me.

I want to find you

hold you in my arms.

melting

to becoming one.

I only imagine life with you.

sometimes I get jealous,

seeing you with other people

but, I always calm down

because I know that you’ll find your way to me.

I’m your north star.

I know that you know that I hate you

you’ve been nothing but kind to me,

honest with me,

loving.

I push you away,

but you’re good to me and I hate you for that.

maybe I hate me

because I don’t treat you right.

I don’t deserve you,

I really don’t.

I hate you,

for loving me.  

Explanation:

The use of “I know that you know that I (blank) you, but to be quite honest I don’t understand why.” Its meant to ground uncertain feelings while still keeping them uncertain.

I love you, I miss you, I hate you. : All of those phrases are things that I hear people say and wonder if they truly grasp their meaning.

I love you, it never talks about real love just the surface level of it. I wrote about what I know and what I’ve been told.

I miss you, this is the superficial I miss you. Whenever people see someone they haven’t seen in so long they say I miss you but at times its rarely true. if they truly missed someone they would call them.

I hate you, it’s the most truthful one I wrote. It shows the true emotion and true reasoning behind the words.

All of the stanzas revolve around a relationship to keep it connected.

You and I are one, melting to become one, I push you away.: These all represent a need for connection in people. the pushing away is never really pushing away it’s an intense invitation to come closer. To fight to stay together.

I truly do, I’m your north star, for loving me.: These endings are here to make the I in this piece feel important and valued regardless of what they may have said about themselves.

The neon sign: Represents the fragility of relationships. Neon signs are made of gas in of glass.

QUICK THANKS TO EUNICE FOR  READING IT SO I COULD EDIT IT SO IT MAKES SENSE

At first, this was just a quick night write. It came to me while I was over analyzing my day. That day I was wondering why I liked or loved someone. I couldn’t explain it to my self so I just started writing just trying to maybe arrange my thoughts.  The first line is the original write the last two are just things I thought people really feel in a relationship or something like that. I really hope you like it.

Photo Cred: https://weheartit.com/entry/184271143

Jealous: Labrinth

2 thoughts on “to my love

1. Dear Oba,
    This is a very touching piece and I can hear your voice shine within it. The concept, the ideas, and the flow of each phrase and the words you used throughout work really well together creating a wonderful piece. I truly enjoyed reading it and finding out more about you through your writing.

For feedback, the only thing I could think of is to just go over your work to find where sentences start for there are new sentences that do not start with a capital letter. Unless that was a theme you were trying. If so then maybe mention that in your explanation for why you chose to not have capitals.

Besides that I loved reading this piece, I was intrigued in it the whole time. I hope to read more of your work in the future. You are an amazing writer, keep it up.

Sincerely,
    Elena

1. Dear Elena,
      Thank you so much for reading my piece. I’m really glad that you enjoyed it.

For your feedback, I see what you mean about needing to have an explanation at the end I will be sure to add that.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my piece and give it feedback. It really means a lot.

Lots of Love,
      Oba