Commercials

The title is just there to let the audience know what they are about to read. I got the idea for this piece after Emily and Claire’s Writers Seminar. When they played the Podcast of Welcome to Night Vale and it came to the part with the Coca Cola sponsorship I knew that I would do one. I never expected it to blossom into a full post but here we are. The piece is just a description of something and then letting the audience know what you were describing but making it something that the audience would never guess. It’s like a little game. The trick is to be as descriptive as possible so that the reader is sucked into the fake reality that you are building for them. This way you can make the reveal more impactful. The way to start off is to have a solid plan of what you are describing like a beach or a sunset in the mountains or forest scene. I find that those are the easier to describe because there is so much you can work with. You could also use someone’s emotions or mental state or physical state and it will be just as effective if done right. I had help with the first one. Sydney wrote the first couple of sentences of paragraph 1, to get me started and I took over after. Paragraph 2 was the emulation piece from class. Paragraph 3 was just something that I’ve always wanted. a dog and a beach vacation. I had been looking into black holes and white holes before I wrote paragraph 4. Apparently, black holes and white holes are the inverses of each other. There are theories to state that white holes spit things out in a dimension that is flipped and the reverse of ours. That’s how I got the fourth paragraph. I used some inspiration from the symbolic journey forest unconsciously (Abhay pointed it out to me) to create paragraph 5. I really enjoyed creating this piece. Especially looking for taglines and finding out that they had changed.